The uniform makes the Boy Scout troop visible as a force for good and creates a positive youth image in the community. Boy Scouting is an action program, and wearing the uniform is an action that shows each Boy Scout's commitment to the aims and purposes of Scouting. The uniform gives the Boy Scout identity in a world brotherhood of youth who believe in the same ideals. The uniform is practical attire for Boy Scout activities and provides a way for Boy Scouts to wear the badges that show what they have accomplished.
Class A is the nickname for the BSA "Field Uniform".
Wear full Class A uniform for all ceremonial and indoor activities, such as troop meetings, Courts of Honor, Scoutmaster Conferences, Board of Reviews, and most other indoor functions. The uniform (excluding the neckerchief) should also be worn during any travel to campouts or events, special outdoor occasions, such as Scout shows, flag ceremonies, meals and special times at summer camp. Troop 335's complete official Class A uniform consists of:
- Official Scout long-sleeved or short-sleeved uniform shirt (tucked-in)
- Official, olive, no cuffs Scout pants or shorts OR un-torn, clean blue jeans
- Olive web Scout belt with BSA insignia on brass buckle; or official leather with international-style buckle.
- Official Troop 335 neckerchief with appropriate slide
Scout long-sleeved or short-sleeved shirt contains:
- A: Required American Flag
- B: Patrol Emblem (optional if desired by Troop's Patrol)
- C: Quality Unit Patch (optional)
- D: Required Green (Boy Scout) shoulder loops on epaulets
- E: Order of the Arrow (only if OA member)
- F: Right Pocket (optional - any temporary camp patch)
- G: Recruiter (optional - if earned)
- H: Required World Crest
- I: Required Current Badge of Rank (provided by Troop at Court of Honor)
- J: Arrow of Light (if earned during Cub Scouts)
- K: Required Pathway to Adventure Council Patch
- L: Required Unit Number Patch (provided by Troop)
- M: Required Current Badge of Office (if current position is assigned)
- N: Trained or NYLT Patch (optional - if trained or attended NYLT)
- O: Jamboree Patch (optional - if attended and only displayed for 6 months after Jamboree)
Class B is the nickname for the BSA "Activity Uniform"; i.e. scouting related t-shirt. Class B is any Boy Scout t-shirt, typically with the Troop numbers on it. For outdoor activities, Scouts may wear Troop or camp T-shirts with other appropriate attire.
During your first year with Troop 335, new Scouts will be given one free Class B T-shirt.
Want Some Additional Troop Gear?
Additional clothing labeled with the Troop logo and number is available for purchase once per year. Blank Order Form (xls) Some clothing samples are below: